Hobsons Armoured Ranger
- The Armoured Ranger
Ranger is a new armour patrol vehicle based on a Land Rover derived platform.
- Armour levels to Stanag Level 1
- GVW in line with the recently developed Land Rover 110 4 tonne rated chassis.
- 300TDi power train configuration with a high commonality of parts which are interchangeable with UK Ministry of Defence vehicle fleet in service.
- Fire protection to fuel lines in conjunction with Goodridge (UK) Ltd.
The fire protection system fitted incorporates Goodridge 600 Series Hose Assemblies with TS0040 Plated End Fittings. Flexible hoses are covered with FG900 Fire Sleeves. The FG900 Fire Sleeve has a declared operating temperature range of -65ºF to +500ºF – the top specification sleeve will withstand short term flame exposure to 2000ºF. The FG900 complies to SAE Aerospace Standard AS1072 type 2.
- Potted transparent armour glass system in conjunction with Romag Ltd.
- The modular construction ensures all transparent armour, steel armour, Macrolon shrouds and steel fixtures are interchangeable.
- Full Through Life support package is available to meet operational requirements world wide.
- Coolair high output air conditioning system.
- The modular lining construction allows inclusion of latest composite materials to reduce weight and increase hit survivability in line with ever progressive threat levels.
- The jig built monocoque design construction gives considerable rigidity and laser profiling brings repeatability and enhanced repairability.
- Enhanced dynamics with up-rated shock absorbers and anti roll bars as per the Land Rover 4 tonne chassis upgrade.
- Supplied as standard fitment, RunFlat International® Run On inserts provide outstanding survivability to permit continued mobility to transfer vehicles and personnel away from immediate threats.
- Ranger interior protection level
- Left or Right Hand Drive
- 300 TDi 24v suppression
- 3.5 V8 Petrol 12v EMC suppression
- TD5 Diesel
- Further power train configurations are under development
- Customisation to specific requirements on request
- Webasto 3.5KW demountable heating system with the option of
- Fitted For But Not With.
- Rear cabin seating configuration to meet client requirements.
- Ranger components