Applique Armour Kit
- The seat shields are removable and can be used independently of the vehicle if required
Hobson Industries has upgraded and re-armoured Land Rover and other vehicles for International Military customers for the last 8 years. Weight constraints of the Land Rover chassis has focused Hobson’s attention on lightweight protective armour for ballistic and mine blast solutions.
The appliqué armour protection kit for the Land Rover provides ballistic protection to 180º plus and is specifically designed for a two man fit away from main support facilities. The kit requires no welding and is simply bolted on to the vehicle structure using the tools provided with the kit. It is designed with rapid deployment in mind and can be installed within 3 – 4 hours.
To aid serviceability and repairability, the armour protection kit components are individually codified, can be demanded ex-stock and comprises:-
- Full front protection for the bulkhead, footwells, windscreen up to the windscreen line to the existing vehicle hard top allowing the original hard top to be re-fitted.
- Full driver and passenger door protection. Angular protection within the door support system gives protection to driver and passenger head for oblique angle impacts.
- Driver and passenger seat shields covering the upper torso and head enhancing ballistic protection levels to the front occupants.
- The transparent armour to the windscreen and driver and passenger doors has the provision for fitting mesh grills as a menu option.
The armoured steel is designed to defeat
- 7.62 x 39
- 7.62 x 54R
- 7.62 x 51 NATO
- The range of 5.56 munitions
In conjunction with Romag Ltd, Hobson Industries has developed a potted transparent armour system which can be changed in minutes between patrols and is interchangeable between the same vehicle types.
- The kit is made of high impact resistant armour plate designed to retain ballistic properties operating in a temperature ranging from - 40º to + 50ºC.
The transparent armoured glass is designed to defeat
- Sniper hit capability
The armoured kit in its entirety is totally interchangeable between the same vehicle types and is designed to be flat pack air portable. All necessary tools and fitting instructions are supplied with each kit enabling flexibility of operational delivery, particularly beneficial to units that do not have workshop facilities to back up the unit operations.
The kit has full logistic and through life support and is available for fitment to RHD or LHD vehicle variants.
The personal weapons stowages and other standard fittings within the cab area are unaffected.