Asset managed parts help our environment by saving energy and natural resources. You can play your part by using ours.
Who are we?
Hobson Industries Limited is an engineering based Company registered in England; Registration No. 1934714.
The Company undertakes Research and Development, including Design and Fit, of armouring automotive vehicles in both Left and Right Hand Drive.
The Company specialises in the Land Rover marque and provides the following services to Government and Military Clients worldwide:
- Land Rover Defender vehicle build complete with modifications and upgrades, in-house, in addition to all Land Rover model types of vehicle refurbishment, vehicle reconstitution, vehicle reconditioning and vehicle homologation.
- Power train and Transmission unit manufacturing, remanufacturing and reconditioning.
- Component reconditioning using Asset Management programmes pioneered by the Company to provide a range of parts which may no longer be available. The Company’s strategy is based on the Land Rover Genuine Parts ideal enabling re-cycled and asset-managed parts to meet original equipment standards and remanufactured parts to meet original equipment specification.
- Steel and composite armouring of new and refurbished vehicles.
- Design and fit of demountable armour kits to 180º for the Land Rover Defender.
- Design and fit of armour and/or composites to automotive vehicles.
The Company is recognised by The Colt Car Company Ltd as an approved vehicle armourer for the Mitsubishi Shogun Sport 4 x 4 converted and armoured for the Police Service of Northern Ireland.
Remanufactured power train and transmission units are supplied with a new unit warranty and include (but is not limited to) the following
- 300TDi Engine
- TD5 Engine
- 2.5 Turbo Diesel Engine
- 2.5 D4 Diesel Engine
- 2.5 P4 Petrol Engine
- Rover V8 3.5/3.9 Engine Variants (including suppressed)
- R380 Gearbox
- LT95 Gearbox and Transfer Box
- LT85 Gearbox and Transfer Box
- LT75 Gearbox and Transfer Box
- LT230 Transfer Box
- Borg Warner Transfer Box (manual and auto) under Licence
- Salisbury Rear Axle – Disc / Drum derivatives
- Rover Front Axle
- And 42 Derivatives of Land Rover Axles
- 24v Alternators
- Starter Motors
- Rover 3.5 V8 Carburettor (Suppressed)
- Australian Specification LT95 Gearbox Assembly
- R380 Gearbox and LT230 Transfer Box Assembly
Hobson Industries Ltd provide re-engineering solutions, including retro-fits and up-grade solutions, to support Land Rover vehicle fleets worldwide.
The company operates exclusively on a single freehold site of 4.5 acres in an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, in Donington on Bain, Lincolnshire with planning consent for Class B1 Business as defined in the Town & Country Planning (Use for Classes Order 1987) for categories 1, 2 and 8 in purpose designed buildings, representing 86,347 sq ft, a site coverage of 41% comprising:
- 30 Metre Ballistic Test Facility
- Fabrication Workshop
- Welding Workshop
- Vehicle Workshop
- Engineering Workshop
- Non-ferrous Cutting Room
- Paint & Body Workshop
- Asset Management Workshop
- Parts & Logistics Warehouse
- Conference Rooms
- Canteen Facilities
- CAD, COSHH, IOSH, NEBOSH and Technical Offices
Dedicated Administration Offices for all Workshops and General Management Administration Offices to support computerised Business and Administration and Accounting software systems.
The Company management team has qualified members of professional bodies and has many years experience either employed in, or dealing with, the Ministry of Defence, Government Agencies and the Automotive Industry generally. The Company has a multi-skilled work force enabling a fast response to meet client needs on an individual basis.
Hobson Industries operate a Quality Management System which complies with the requirements of BS EN ISO 9001:2000 for the following scope
- The repair and remanufacture of components, assemblies and complete vehicles.
- The provision of solutions to adapt current model parts to maintain non-current vehicles.
- The supply of Land Rover Parts.
- The provision of steel and composite armour to new vehicles.
- The repair and refurbishment of steel and composite armour protected vehicles.
- The asset management of End of Life Vehicles (ELVs).
Certificate No. FM 32560 issued by The British Standards Institution, London
Hobson Industries Ltd also operate an Environmental Management System which complies with the requirements of BS EN ISO 14001 Registration Certificate No. EMS 61548 issued by British Standards Institution. With the same scope as the QMS.